I’d certainly not want to clean out the Warehouse’s neutralizer annex.
My first coat of paint is complete!
Yesterday I had completed the coat on the outside of the tin, and today I painted the inside.
Here’s the wire that I had bought to imitate the squiggle pattern on the left side of the Farnsworth.
Did you know there are 13 of those squiggles? I thought it was clever.
I did my best to straighten the wire out, and then I clipped a piece off. I don’t have my wire cutters on hand at the moment, so I grabbed my scissors and tried my best. Then that didn’t work out, so I brought out a trusty craft knife (which I was super careful with, by the way). Still needing something stronger, I used my nail clippers, which did the trick with some bending at the connection point.
I managed to get the plastic coating off of the wire with the craft knife, and started bending. I ended up using a glasses case for some leverage.
I’m only using seven squiggles because my wire is thicker than I had thought, and this many provides the right aesthetic appeal.
If the paint was dry enough, I would have arranged them on the tin for you, but unfortunately its still a bit wet.
I still haven’t quite decided how I’m going to imitate the tube from side to side and the rubber washer like thing, but I will be working on that.
Edited: As of right now this project is finished. Follow it from its inception, to further planning, to sanding and painting, to (this) the wirework, to the gold detailing, to the gluing of all the components together.